Here are the questions pastor Ryan will ask you during the Child Dedication ceremony:
- Do you recognize your children as gifts from God, and give God thanks for blessing your life with this gift?
- Do you then dedicate your child to the Lord, the one who gave you your child?
- Do you pledge, as Christian parents, that you will bring up your children in a Christian home, looking to God for wisdom, strength, and guidance?
- Do you promise to allow the Word of God to be the standard of practice, wisdom, and behavior in your home as you raise these children?
- Do you promise to obey Ephesians 6:4 by raising your children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord without provoking them to anger?
- Do you promise to give your child every possible benefit of home, education, and church?
- Do you promise to pray for your child on a regular basis, realizing that it is only with God’s hand upon their life that they can be truly blessed?
- Do you ask God’s blessings upon the life of your child, to guide, guard, and direct them through all their years?